COVID-19 UPDATE FROM SIME DARBY MOTORS TRANSPORT AUSTRALIA
Palfinger Australia, Gough Transport Solutions and Gough Industrial Solutions are closely monitoring the global outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in what is a constantly changing environment.
We are taking a wide range of precautions to prevent the potential spread of COVID-19 and to protect our employees, customers, business partners and communities.
We are committed first and foremost to the safety of our employees, contractors and business partners. Our preparedness includes closely following the Australian Government Department of Health’s advice.
We are continuing to review the impact of COVID-19 closely and will engage regularly with our suppliers to ensure we continue to deliver to our customers throughout the country with the least possible disruption.
At this point in time, we are not aware of any significant impact on availability from our suppliers, but we will continue to monitor the situation and update you if this changes.
Questions and Answers for Customers
Q. How are you responding to Coronavirus?
- Employees and customers are advised to follow all health advice from authorities, this includes managing hygiene and may include self-isolation and restricting contact with other people as advised. For more information on COVID-19, please see the Australian Government Department of Health website (link to https://www.health.gov.au/)
Q. What is the impact on our operations, are we open as normal?
- Our core priority is to ensure the safety of our team, customers and communities. We are currently operating as normal for the products and services we provide, while we continue to implement the necessary precautionary measures to manage this rapidly evolving situation.
Q. Are we taking extra precautions around hygiene and cleanliness?
- Every precaution is being taken to protect our people and business partners while maintaining our high standards of customer service. We have increased our cleaning and sanitation regimes across all work locations.
Q. What will the impact be on equipment, parts and services?
- We are very aware that our valued customers are looking to stay informed and engaged on any changes in supply for the products and services we provide. So far, we are not aware of any significant impact on availability or significant disruption to our supply chain. We will continue to monitor the situation, which is fluid, and will update you if changes occur. If necessary, we will prioritise customers who supply essential services to the community, e.g. hospitals and power.
Q. I have an order for parts or equipment with you, what will be the impact?
- At present, there are no major impacts to current orders. We are closely monitoring the situation and your sales or service representative will advise you if anything changes.
Q. Will our Field Service coverage be maintained?
- Our Field Service teams are currently available to you as usual.
Q. Do I have to come into a branch and do my transactions face-to-face?
- Contact one of our nationwide territory Sales Managers on their mobile phones:
- Use our tollfree numbers to make phone enquiries:
- Palfinger Australia 13 27 26
- Gough Transport Solutions 1300 300 375
- Gough Industrial Solutions 1300 184 271
- Use our websites enquiry forms to send electronic enquiries:
- Our branches remain open for business and we encourage our customers to use these services where possible.
Q. How can I get more information on this issue?
- If you have further enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org